Wednesday, February 20, 2008

First Post


Okay so I am making this blog so I can keep you all updated with what I am up to. If you create an account with this site, Blogspot, you can also leave me comments about the posts and I can respond. I will put pictures up with my posts so you can see where Ive been going and some of the people I have been hanging out with. I hope this makes it easer.

As far as the phone goes.I am still working on it. No one outside of Argentina has been able to call me, yet I did buy an unlocked phone. So, I am going to look into that and hopefully let you know soon.

We are leaving for Iguazu Falls tomorrow evening and I will not be back until Sunday afternoon, so, I will have to take care of it then. We are taking a 12 hour bus ride there! LONGG! But we get to fly back.
The picture above is from the carnaval we went to two weekends ago. That is one of the crazy floats they had. Its similiar to the carnaval in Brasil but obviously not nearly as big.

Anyway, I miss you and love you very much and I hope everything is going well up there in North America!

Love,
Lauren =)



PS...What is Grandma Rains email address?

2 comments:

cook1928 said...

Hey Lauren!
Francis at work showed me pictures of the falls, they are amazing! One of my customers told me when the queen of England (or someone like that) flew over, her comment was "Poor Niagra". Must be way cool to see them up close. And loud too I bet. For some reason you email went directly into my spam folder. Glad I checked it. I've been trying to call you, so hopefully you'll be able get it up and running, I can't wait to hear your voice. By the way, I got in touch with all your community colleges and employers and am getting the tax docs we need to do your taxes. Regarding you request for grandmas email, she has entered a hospice facility, so does not have access to email. Lauren, she is at the end, so please be thinking of her and send your love. Dad and the other children are flying out to Arizona today (Friday). Kevin called me last night with this info. I'll keep you posted. I know Grandma is very proud of you, she told me last time I spoke to her a few weeks ago. Looking foward to seeing your next post and more pics. I love you, Mom

cook1928 said...

Lauren,
Dad called yesterday (Saturday). Grandma passed away. All of her children were with her. Dad wants to contact you, but it is a little challenging right now, so I told him I would let you know on this blog. She was certainly a truly wonderful person, and we are lucky to have had her in our lives. And I think you inherited some of her party organizing genes!
Love,
Mom